Join the next big startup as part of our pioneer team!
Join Automart.Ph ‘s pioneering team! What is Automart.Ph? It is an online used car auction site. It allows people and companies to buy and sell used and repossessed cars. Because it’s online, it’s convenient and people will always get the best prices for their cars. We’re ready to launch now, and need your help to successfully do so. Our website is complete, we’ve got a great car inventory, and now we need folks like you to help bring the vision into reality.
What’s in it for you when you join Automart.Ph?
Great question! Join Automart.Ph and we’ve got a lot to offer here besides just monetary rewards.
- Building a company from scratch – We’re literally starting from zero, and you get to drive Automart.Ph to success by creating and executing great plans for the next few months.
- Broad, multi-functional experience – The experience you get from this will be far broader than what you’d get in a more specialized role in a bigger company. We’re not going to sugarcoat though, this will be a lot of hard work, and so it will not be for everyone. The reward of seeing your product/ company take off and succeed will be worth it though.
- Mentorship from our CEO – Poch, Automart.Ph’s CEO, has in the past 4 years helped to grow Uber (he was employee #6 in the Philippines), GrabTaxi as its head, and Traveloka as its Country Manager. He knows a few things about how to start a company from scratch and make it a household name, and is very willing to share his knowledge.
- Shared office space and use of computers – We don’t have much, but what we have, we share – you can use computers and office spaces during office hours most days. Our office is located in Xavierville, very close to Ateneo’s gate 2, and close to UP.
- Work-from-home – Most work can be done remotely, though we may need to meet face-to-face every so often.
- Pizza, beer and a great team – We work a lot with cool, young developers, consultants and staff members. Automart.Ph gets us pizza and beers often – just regular food, but having them while discussing the next big idea is exhilarating.
- Pay – We’ll ensure that you are given a good wage, though if you really want the big bucks, larger, richer and more established companies are probably better for you. We hope that you join us in working towards what the company can be rather than what it is. If it makes you feel better, you’ll probably be earning more than the founders at the very start. 🙂
We will give commissions and bonuses for jobs well done to ensure that we’re always motivated to perform well. Bonuses will always be performance-based, goal-based, and will differ based on the needs of the company at that point.
- Equity compensation – This is a possibility for people who will serve as pillars of the organization now and in the near future.
What do we expect from you as a founding employee?
- Individual hard work and dedication – We do expect a lot from you in terms of ideation and then thereafter execution. When all is done however, the success of Automart.Ph is something you can claim to be largely due to you and your efforts. We don’t like micro-managing, and we think neither do you, so we’ll meet perhaps 1-2x a week but otherwise we’ll trust you to deliver as you see fit.
- Everything else – We’re a start-up, and almost by definition, this requires flexibility from everyone. We may need to do one thing today, another tomorrow. Some things will be fun, and some will be mundane and repetitive – but they have to get done, and we expect that you’re up to the task.
What tasks/ projects will you be working on?
- Create and execute a marketing plan – We’ll have a digital marketing manager; however, we’ll still need your sharp minds and skills to create a 6-month marketing plan. Don’t worry, you’ll get a lot of help! We have experience in Social Media Marketing, SEO, SEM, offline activations and then some. Once the planning is done, the execution begins, which is equal parts fun and tiring. We’ll be doing a lot of creative, low-cost and fun marketing here, which you probably won’t learn from a big budget company, so this will be a good learning experience.Ideal for this role would be someone interested in marketing especially digital marketing.
- Sales and account management – We need to create a lot of strong alliances and partnerships with car dealers, banks, insurance companies, individual sellers, etc. We might also need them to advertise in our site. This project will give you first-hand experience in selling and hone your interpersonal skills. It might also give you a lot of strong contacts and expand your network! Part of this job may entail interfacing with car buyers and convincing them to use our platform.Ideal for this role would be someone interested in marketing, sales, operations management.
- Operations work/ Operational improvement – As in any new company, we expect a lot of problems and a general lack of process -the chaos is part of the fun. Our job when you join Automart.Ph is to put order in it and ensure that we have a smooth-flowing machine very soon!
Locations and schedules
Locations will partly be dependent on the partners we have and the roles you will have (recognizing that these variables may change as we go along).
- Headquarters – Quezon City. Our HQ is located in Loyola Heights, Quezon City. We require a minimum of 1x a week check-in, mostly during Mondays for our weekly meeting. We may optionally require that you come in more often, as-needed.
- Partner Car Lots – Pasig and Makati. if you are assigned as a sales representative, you will be assigned to where the Partners’ car lots are. Our partners are currently located in Pasig and Makati; however, as we acquire more partners, we will need employees in other parts of the country.
- Work from Home – We allow working-from-home part of the time, if we believe this is beneficial to you and the company. This is only on an as-needed basis, and may be revoked by the company at any time, if it deems necessary to do so.
What are the next steps?
If you fit the above, we’d love for you to join Automart.Ph. If everything we’ve just said sounds like your thing, or if you just have a few more questions, send us a note: email@example.com. Please send in your resume too. We’ll get back to you soon, if we find that there’s a good fit.
Also, learn more about us and why we’re doing this company here: Our stake on the ground.
Here’s also why you and your friends should use Automart.ph.
Thanks and we hope to work with you soon!